Moving Forward Mentoring Program of Suit Up provides mentoring and career building activities for Staten Island’s unemployed, such as mock interview sessions, one-on-one mentoring, job referrals and networking opportunities.
We currently assist unemployed Staten Island youth and adults with business clothing and career development support services. The Suit Up Network is comprised of Staten Island business owners and professionals sharing their career knowledge and providing others with an opportunity to succeed in life.
- 3 month program and meet weekly (in person or via tele-conference) with mentor.
- Must be a Staten Island Residents newly employed,less than 6 months or unemployed and enrolled in a program for career.
- Receive additional business clothing.
- Learn and improve networking techniques, interview skills to assist with finding employment.
- Attend monthly career circle support group with guest speakers on career, health and wellness.
- Attend Career modules/seminars on interview skills, resume and networking.
- Attend Career and Fashion events- offered periodically.
- Learn to network to find a job.
Business Mentors: Volunteers with career experience are matched with a Suit Up participant who is actively seeking employment and would benefit from individual attention and group activities on career development. A volunteer must have at least 5 years of work experience and available for approx. 5 hours a month to be a mentor. We also seek business sponsors to host Meet & Greet events to provide opportunities for job referrals and mock interview practice for job seekers. For information and an application: info@SiCommunityPartnershp.com or Angela at 347-746-9391.